SAIEG Gold Medal Awards
Previous recipients of the SAIEG Gold Award
2017 – Dr. Peter Day
2016 – Mr. M. Bènet
2015 – Not awarded
2014 – Mr. J. de Beer
2013 – Mr. I. Venter
2012 – Mr. P. Terbrugge
2011 – Mr. Oliver Barker
2010 – Not awarded
2009 – Dr. F. Wagener
2008 – Dr. H.J. Olivier and Mr. W. van der Merwe
2007 – Dr. J.P. Venter and Mr. M. Mountain
2006 – Dr. A.A.B. Williams and Prof. T.C. Partridge
2005 – Prof. A. van Schalkwyk and Dr. F. Netterberg
2004 – Prof. A.B.A. Brink and Dr. R.R. Maud
The awards criteria and the procedures to be followed for the awarding thereof are as follows:
SAIEG Gold Medal Award
This award is the premier award of the Institute and the following criteria apply:
- The award is given in recognition of outstanding lifelong service by an individual to the profession of Engineering Environmental Geology in South Africa.
- This award is awarded to a senior member of SAIEG. In exceptional circumstances the award may be presented to a person who is not a member.
- The award is a certificate and an engraved gold medal made for the purpose.
The procedure is as follows:
- The nominations will be proposed and considered by the SAIEG Council.
- The SAIEG Council will evaluate proposals and motivations received.
- The award will be presented at an appropriate Institute function.