- This event has passed.
The Draft COTO Standard Specifications for Road & Bridge Works for State Road Authorities
April 8 - April 12
The existing COLTO Standard Specifications for Road & Bridge Works for State Road Authorities has been in use since 1998. A need was identified by the industry to revise this document due to new developments, outdated requirements, sophisticated equipment and to keep up with international standards and the need to create more job opportunities in the industry.
A needs analysis study identified that the existing COLTO Standard Specifications was not feasible for updating but to revise the entire document. Provision for 20 new chapters was therefore made in the new draft COTO Standard Specifications for Road & Bridge Works.
The objectives of the workshop are:
- To provide delegates with a sound background of the draft COTO Standard Specifications for Road & Bridge Works.
- To bring delegates up to date with the new format and changes in the draft COTO Standard Specifications for Road & Bridge works.
- To make delegates aware of the content of the new chapters in the document.
- To explain the labour enhancement application in the different chapters of the document.
- To get feedback from delegates on chapter content in the draft COTO Standard Specifications for Road & Bridge Works document.
Each of the chapters in the document will be covered which consists of the following:
Chapter 1: General
Chapter 2: Services
Chapter 3: Drainage
Chapter 4: Earthworks and Pavement Layers: Materials
Chapter 5: Earthworks and Pavement Layers: Construction
Chapter 6: Concrete Layers
Chapter 7: Maintenance & Repair of Concrete Layers
Chapter 8: Surface pre-treatment and repairs
Chapter 9: Asphalt Layers
Chapter 10: Seals and micro-surfacing
Chapter 11: Ancillary Road Works
Chapter 12: Geotechnical Applications
Chapter 13: Structures
Chapter 14: Repair & Rehabilitation of Structures
Chapter 15 to 19: reserved for future use
Chapter 20: Quality Assurance
All relevant chapters, as well as the format in which comments are to be submitted, can be downloaded from the SANRAL Website.